Your brand strategy shouldn’t just be limited to what you represent or how you are identified. Here we show you how to integrate your employer branding into the interview process.
- Have a clearly defined vision for your business and a set of values that underpin this vision. All employees should be aware, understand and own these visions and values all the time.
- Have well thought-out recruitment plans and processes in place with these visions and values filtering the whole way through the recruitment cycle.
- Take pride in how you advertise all roles and ensure that they promote your employer brand and vision. Only use language that aligns with your brand values.
- Take the time to respond to all job applicants. If they have taken the time to apply for the role, they deserve to hear back from you one way or other.
- Provide a time frame around the recruitment process. If the process is going to take three months then make sure the job seeker is aware of this in advance. Never leave someone waiting without an explanation regarding the hold up.
- Allow the job seeker to sell themselves to you and be prepared to sell your business to them. It should be a two-way street.
- Always provide feedback. If a job seeker has taken the time to meet you and your company, they deserve to know why they have not been successful.
Building your employer brand into the interview process can be quite simple; have clear channels of communication and most importantly, treat potential employees as you would like to be treated.
Contact Staffworks for all your talent needs.