Our client, a regulatory body is looking for an Accounting Administrator to support the Accounting and Quality Assurance team. This is a Permanent position looking to start mid-January located on the Subway line in North York.
Accounting Department Support
- Record all monthly journal entries (non-payroll) and maintain general ledger and journals using Simply Accounting software to ensure timely completion of month end.
- Export all necessary documents from payments processor and database
- Assist Controller in reconciling revenues from database batch system to bank deposits
- Assist controller in performing bank reconciliations and other account reconciliations as required using Microsoft Excel
- Collect, process and pay accounts payable invoices; maintain purchase orders and match them to vendor invoices
- Collect, process and pay Council and Committee members’ expenses and honoraria claims, ensuring accuracy and compliance with established policies
- Maintain an organized filing system for documents related to payables, payments and bank statements
- Assist Controller in preparing quarterly financial reports on a timely basis
- Assist Controller in preparing account analysis to support quarterly reporting
- Provide documentation and support to Controller as required for annual audit
- Prepare and ensure timely and accurate payment of government remittances (i.e. CPP, EI, taxes) and benefits
Administrative Support for the QA Program
- Communicate with members regarding the QA Program, requests and Committee decisions by written letter, email and/or telephone according to policy and procedures.
- Maintain Program related information in the database according to policy and procedures.
- Maintain member records electronically as they relate to the Quality Assurance Program.
- Assist in the ongoing revision of the Quality Assurance Program components.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the Quality Assurance Program Manager.
Key Requirements and Education:
- Minimum 2 years Bookkeeping or Accounting experience (a regulatory or not for profit experience an asset) using computerized accounting software
- Proficient in understanding basic accounting transactions, including accounts payables, revenues, and bank transactions
- Strong computer skills in Simply Accounting software, Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience providing administrative support to a small organization
- Proven experience in providing high-quality customer service
- Strong verbal and written communication required to explain financial information both orally and in written formats
- Strong organizational and time management skills and excellent interpersonal and team skills
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Job Location: North York
Salary: $44,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
Interested candidates may submit their resume to Ashleigh Lyons at firstname.lastname@example.org for further consideration. Staffworks thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com