Our client in the Edmonton Towers is in search of a Permanent Corporate Paralegal. This position reports into the CFO. Preference will be given to someone with some Property experience.
Reporting to CFO
- The candidate has been a corporate paralegal. Would be good if they have any understanding of the real estate business.
- They have good judgement, critical thinking and communication skills.
- They think ahead – are anticipatory of what’s needed.
- They are discreet, respecting personal and business privacy. A Non-disclosure Agreement will be required.
- They are strong and resilient, having had experience with executive-level leaders.
- Manage builders’ liens and land titles acting as liaison between construction, lawyers, etc. (either in-house or liaise with outside legal counsel where required)
- Perform partner draw requests, as required
- Support execution of security documents
- Review annual returns for all corporate entities and arrange for signing and filing
- Prepare and manage entity organization charts
- Act as Corporate Registries contact
- Maintain corporate requirements in Asset Management obligations, including updating contributions for Manitoba registered LPs (monthly), renewals and annual returns
- Serve as Commissioner for Oaths
Other Executive Support Legal
- Act as liaison for General Counsel providing access to necessary information
- Support Business Leaders by monitoring important dates for project acquisitions and sales
- Provide support to legal counsel on managing claims, depending upon what’s needed
- Direct invoices for external legal work to appropriate approvers
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
Interested candidates may submit their resume in word doc. format to Robert Gordon at firstname.lastname@example.org for further consideration.
We are an inclusive employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage qualified applicants of all ages, races, colours, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, gender identities and sexual orientations to apply. If you are selected for an interview, please inform your recruiter of your accommodation requirements.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com