Here are our top tips on how to make yourself more marketable.
- Build your brand on LinkedIn and mirror it across your resume. Base your brand on positions that you want and types of companies you are interested in. Make it specific and targeted.
- Do your research. Look up LinkedIn users who have similar jobs to the one you want for inspiration ideas for your own brand.
- Write a human-voiced resume and cover letter. Let your personality come across on the page. Tweak your resume for each job that you are applying to, but ensure to keep it in line with your LinkedIn profile.
- Consider publishing blog posts on LinkedIn. Write blogs around topics in your field that you care about or are interested in. Engage with other blogs and publications in your field – this will help to grow your credibility.
- Build your recommendations on LinkedIn, leave recommendations for your past and current work colleagues and they may repay the favour.
- Know your industry. Stay up to date with the latest news and trends. This will really pay off in an interview when you can showcase your understanding and give your opinion on current trends in your field.
- Keep your skill set up to date. In today’s market, no matter what field you work in, employers look for tech-savvy employees. Continue to expand your resume by signing up to evening classes or online courses.
- Attend as many networking events as you can. This is always a great opportunity to market yourself as you never know who you could get talking to.
Staying marketable is an active process. Make a commitment to continually expand your knowledge and skills, giving yourself a competitive edge in the ever-evolving job market. Get in touch with us for additional coaching and industry insights, or follow us on LinkedIn.